help-gnustep

Re: problem with self

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: problem with self
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:37:27 +0100

reuss wrote:
if I have a class named someClass and I put in a button and define a
target for this very button as following:
[myButton setTarget: self];

in this case, self means someClass or myButton?

self is always the object the method did get send to. (Ok, not always, you may assign to self and thereby change this, but this feature is of no relevance here). So if the method, that uses the button, is defined on someClass, than during the course of exectution of this method self would be an object of class someClass or of a subclass of this.