help-gnustep

Re: make install problems

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: make install problems
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:57:37 -0600

On Sep 8, 2004, at 5:56 AM, oldkerosen@worldonline.de wrote:

Hi there,
I started today to update my GNUstep libraries on my SuSE 9.0 box and I noticed that after installing the new gnustep-make and -base packages (1.10) when I do make install there are some errors regarding the tar command. The error reads something like this:
"gnutar: The --exclude-from option is not yet implemented.
Usage:  gnutar cmd [options] file1 ... filen

That's really strange. the --exclude-from option has been in gnutar since at least version 1.12 (1997) and perhaps as far back as 1.10 (1991). Do you know which version you have (gnutar --version)?

Also could you tell me the exact commands you use and the packages you get the errors in. I'm confused about where the errors are occurring.