help-gnustep

libxml2 and cygwin

From: Paul Forgey
Subject: libxml2 and cygwin
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 02:08:31 -0700

cygwin gives me libxml2-2.6.13-1. There is no devel- package for it; it provides both the runtime and development files needed. gnustep-base-1.10.0's configure locates the xml2-config program, however it fails to test the library without error:

checking for xml2-config... /usr/bin/xml2-config
checking for libxml - version >= 2.3.0... no
*** Could not run libxml test program, checking why...

So I tried using libxml2-2.4.24 as provided from a download mirror instead, but that won't build as a shared library (it completely screws up the export symbols and the import stub won't build). And, even if I bulid it as a static library, the configure script still won't test it properly.

The only activity on this list I can find on the subject goes back two years, where the only available advise was to disable xml support. I need to read Mac-OS property lists. Am I just screwed?