help-gnustep

Re: How do I even get this to work?

From: Gürkan Sengün
Subject: Re: How do I even get this to work?
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:11:41 +0200

> I've been trying to get different sorts of Unix things going on my PC for
> the past few months with little success. I don't know how they can call
> Linux a real alternative to Windows, because while it seems like
> everything bad about windows is good about Linux, the opposite is also
> true. I don't want to go on a rant about it, but anyway, I've come to the
> conclusion that I hate KDE and Gnome, and I love Mac OS X, so I think I
> will like GNUStep.
I'm pretty sure you will, especially if you want to develop GUI
Applications.

> I want to install it on my x86 based PC, on top of Suse Linux 9.0 Pro,
> but I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to do it. I can't
> seem to find any easy to follow instructions anywhere, so if someone
> could help me out I would really really appreciate it. Thank you.
Alternatively let me suggest trying a GNUstep LIVE CD that has all
software ready to try and develop on without installing. Of course it's
possible to install as well (Debian). You'll have an environment with
GNUstep.sh already sourced for you.

http://www.linuks.mine.nu/gnustep/

Yours,
Gürkan Sengün