help-gnustep

Re: can't compile when add Foundation.h

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: can't compile when add Foundation.h
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:34:32 +0100 (BST)

> [snip...]
> > objc.make is for software which is in ObjC but it's not using GNUstep.  If
> > you are using GNUstep, you should use tool.make ... try --
> >
> > include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
> >
> > TOOL_NAME = hello
> > hello_OBJC_FILES = main.m
> >
> > include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make
> >
> > Thanks
>
> I did and I've got the following error message:
>
>   gmake: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Hmmm ... it definitely works for me.  Can you double check that you typed
exactly the GNUmakefile I sent you ?  Try copying & pasting the exact code
I sent you into a GNUmakefile. (sorry to be pedantic, it's that I can't
really think of anything which would cause that problem)

I can't imagine how you can get the error you are getting ... the only
idea that springs to mind is if TOOL_NAME is empty ... that might happen
if you have mistyped 'TOOL_NAME' in the GNUmakefile or if you are still
using 'OBJC_PROGRAM_NAME' or some other typo.

Hopefully it is something very simple to fix and you'll be able to play
with things soon :-)

Thanks, if all else fails, can you send me the exact GNUmakefile which is
failing, I'll have a look if I see anything wrong

Thanks