help-gnustep

Re: Private headers in GSMake frameworks?

From: Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: Private headers in GSMake frameworks?
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:10:54 +0200

In article <mailman.6185.1099155883.2017.help-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Nicola Pero <n.pero@mi.flashnet.it> wrote:

> For example, say your framework is called 'Framework'.  You can put your
> public headers in
>
> Framework/Header.h
>
> and your private/protected ones in
>
> Framework/Private/Header.h
>
> Then it's obvious that
>
> #include <Framework/Private/Header.h>
>
> is using private/protected headers of the framework, and
>
> #include <Framework/Header.h>
>
> is using a public header.

Yes, there are many workarounds for this, not the least of which being
just doing away with the distinction and adding a comment to the top of
the header file saying it's private.

However, on MacOS X, you don't use a different #import statement to get
at a private header.

   #import <Framework/Header.h>

will look in both places. So, for source-code compatibility, it will
just have to go in "Headers".

But anyway, it's a small feature, and in my case it's not really
important. I just thought I'd offer a full explanation in case someone
was interested in this and wanted to add it.

Cheers,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de