help-gnustep

Re: Including Frameworks

From: M. Uli Kusterer
Subject: Re: Including Frameworks
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:01:41 +0200

In article <mailman.6211.1099172022.2017.help-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:

> Frameworks are more like pseudo-frameworks under Linux/non-dyld/mach-o
> systems. There's been some work to fix this, but things like GCC and LD
> do not support the -F and -framework flags. Your best bet for
> instructions on how to compile a framework is to look at some real-world
> examples. I suggest checking out the StepTalk source.

 Sniff... okay.

 I found a thread from 2003 or so on this, and so thought it had been
fixed by now :-T

 Would it require a lot of intimate knowledge of the GS-make stuff to
add some sort of compatibility layer that adds the -I and -l flags when
it finds a FRAMEWORKS specification?

 I'd rather fix this once in the GNUMakefile system than keep entering
oodles of options in every makefile I create...

Lazily yours,
-- Uli
http://www.zathras.de