help-gnustep

Re: libobjc

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: libobjc
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:29:09 +0000 (GMT)

I am using SuSE 8.2 Linux  which contains the "libobjc" however it is only a
RPM file which doesn't seem to have the thread-handling feature enabled. Can
anyone tell me where I can get the libobjc source files.  If the sources are
under http://gcc.gnu.org could please be a little more specific i.e. are the
sources in the big gcc package itself or are they in a seperate package and
if they are in a seperate package in which catagory (directory) can I find
them?

If you want to install your own version of libobjc keeping the compiler you have, your best try would be using gnustep-objc, which is available on the GNUstep CVS under gnustep/dev-libs/libobjc. The main trick is that you neeed to configure/compile/install gnustep-make, then compile/install gnustep-objc, then reconfigure/recompile/reinstall gnustep-make so that it detects your new libobjc.

If you are willing to compile and install your own version of the entire compiler instead, download the entire compiler from gcc.gnu.org.

NB: I'm surprised that Suse 8.2 has a libobjc without threading