help-gnustep

Re: Problem with image size

From: Nicolas Sanchez
Subject: Re: Problem with image size
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:02:56 +0100

Adam Fedor wrote:

On Nov 30, 2004, at 5:10 AM, Nicolas Sanchez wrote:

Hello,

My problem is very simple, but I have no simple solution.

I load a big image, I resizes it but no memory is freed.

I do this :

NSImage *img = [[NSImage alloc] initWithContentsOfFile: @"monImage.jpg"];
[img setScalesWhenResized: YES];
[img setSize: NSMakeSize(100, 100)];

Here the memory is not freed, somebody has a solution ?

setSize sets the size of the cached image (the screen representation), not the size of the original image data. Even then, setting the size only invalidates the cache - it's possible that some of the memory for any system resources that have been used stays around after this happens.

Ok, if I understand, there is no solution within GNUstep framework. I need to use something like ImageMagick lib...

Thanks.