help-gnustep

[Q] Releasing objects owned by Gorm interface element

From: Samuel Hornus
Subject: [Q] Releasing objects owned by Gorm interface element
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 00:23:17 +0100

Hi,

I have a MeshView subclass of NSOpenGLView, which is instanciated
via a Gorm interface.

The MeshView owns a Mesh like this:

- (void)setMesh:(Mesh *)aMesh;
{
    [mMesh autorelease];
    [aMesh retain];
    mMesh = aMesh;
}

and releases the Mesh at the end like this:

- (void)dealloc
{
    [mMesh release];
}

When the app is running, I have checked that the retainCount of
mMesh is correctly equal to one.

When I quit the application, however the Mesh does not seem to be released: as
I wrote:

// Mesh implementation...

- (void)dealloc
{
    NSLog(@"Deallocating mesh...\n");
    fprintf(stderr,"Deallocating mesh stderr...\n");
    if( NULL != mVertices )
        free(mVertices);
    if( NULL != mIndices )
        free(mIndices);
    [super dealloc];
}

And nothing gets written on my terminal...

Is dealloc: ever called ?
How can I make sure the Mesh is deallocated ?
TIA !
--
Samuel Hornus