help-gnustep

Re: Problem with SQLClient

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problem with SQLClient
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:05:35 +0000

On 14 Dec 2004, at 13:39, Käck Tim wrote:

Hi,

I am quite new to Objective-C (and C as well).
Now, I am trying to build an application which needs to access a MySQL database. I was tinkering with the testapplication testMysql.m for the SQLClient library, but I cannot figure out how
 to turn all debugging off.
I have tried with
  [db setDurationLogging:  -1];

But still I get loads of output.
 Perhaps I should override the - debug method in the logging category?

Have you got the latest code from CVS?

You should be able to turn off debugging with [db setDebugging: 0]
and query duration logging with [db setDurationLogging: -1]

The testMysql.m program uses [db setDurationLogging: 0] to turn on logging of *all* database queries ... so you would want to remove that line, from the program.