help-gnustep

Re: Pixmap backend ?

From: Sébastien Pierre
Subject: Re: Pixmap backend ?
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:13:06 +0100

Hi !

Le 18 déc. 04, à 17:41, Fred Kiefer a écrit :

Sébastien Pierre wrote:
I have a simple, silly question: is it possible to render GNUstep widgets and windows into a pixmap ?

Could you please restate the question? I am not sure on what you want to achive. Write a full GNUstep backend that only uses pixmaps (perhaps for some fancy remote display mechanism?) or extract the drawing from existing X windows into pixmaps? Or something compeletely different?

Basically, I would like to render AppKit widgets/windows into pixmaps, not for fancy remote display mechanism, but to use as textures in OpenGL.

Would this be feasible ?

 -- Sébastien

--
«Le soleil est Dieu»