help-gnustep

Re: Just Use Foundation Framework

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Just Use Foundation Framework
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 21:07:38 -0700

On 5/22/06, Daniel J Farrell <daniel.farrell@imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
Hello everybody,

I would like to use gnustep objects such as NSString and NSArray in
my programming. However, I'm not making GUI apps so I don't need to
work inside the gnustep environment. All I need is to simply #import
<NSArray.h> etc in my code.

To do this should I just follow the instruction to install the 'Base
Version' package on my linux distribution and then link to the
library when compiling?

 You can just install gnustep-make and gnustep-base.
 Basically you are writing a tool.
 There is a short tutorial:
 http://www.gnustep.it/nicola/Tutorials/WritingMakefiles/node2.html
 If you need to link other libraries,
 use 'ADDITIONAL_CFLAGS' and 'ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS' in GNUmakefile.

 Yen-Ju

Regards, Dan.