help-gnustep

Re: Can't bring up the contextual menu

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: Can't bring up the contextual menu
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 17:44:37 +0200

On 2006-10-19 10:38:36 +0200 mrjoops <admin@point52.com> wrote:
I just installed GNUstep last week from sources under Fedora Core
5/x86. I also installed some applications, like GNUMail.
[...]

Which version of GNUstep are we talking about? There used to be a problem with contextual menus a while ago (earlier this year, IIRC) but has been addressed and fixed (AFAICT) in newer versions.

When I start GNUMail, I got this message :
Warning - mouse/pointer seems to have more than 5 buttons - just using
one to five

That is just a warning, that your X11 server reports more than 5 buttons (eg. a Logitech mouse with 8 buttons) and that GNUstep is going to use only the first 5. You might want to check your X11 config file (eg /etc/X11/xorg.conf) and/or X11's startup log (eg /var/log/Xorg.0.log) and check whether ZAxisMapping is configured.

--
Chris