help-gnustep

Re: GCC Can't find 'cc1obj'

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GCC Can't find 'cc1obj'
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:48:25 -0700

On Dec 28, 2007, at 11:02 AM, Steve Aby wrote:

A newbie question…..I am running GNUStep on Windows Vista after running the Windows installers (gnustep-system-0.9.1-setup and gnustep-core-0.9.1-setup) to install GNUStep. I try to compile a simple C/Objective-C program from MinGw32 using the command ‘gcc hello.m –o hello1 –l objc’ and get the message ‘gcc.exe: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1obj': No such file or directory’. The aforementioned file does exist in the following directory: ‘C:\GNUstep\mingw\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5’. The Windows PATH variable is set to ‘C:\GNUstep\mingw\bin;C:\GNUstep \GNUstep\System\Tools’. I am a little new to this and wondering if an environment variable needs to be set or modified differently than what the installer did? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using the mingw shell (The "Shell" link from the GNUstep Startup menu) or the CMD window? You should be using Shell. What does "echo $PATH" say from Shell? It shouldn't have anything to do with the PATH though, as long as gcc.exe is found, gcc should find everything else. Try also:

gcc -print-prog-name=cc1obj

It should print out the full path name to the compiler. If it just says "cc1obj", then something wrong.