help-gnustep

Re: followup to an old newbie question on cc1obj. what/where is it?

From: dogstar
Subject: Re: followup to an old newbie question on cc1obj. what/where is it?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:00:50 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, I have been using the Win
machine for its designed purpose, running Mac OS X. Yes, its an Intel Mini.

Anyhow, I am running MinGW (peachy) under Vista on this IntelMac. Not sure
about the MSys thing, how would I know and how would I change it? I am
grabbing it now from sourceforge and will try installing it a bit later this
evening.

I am pretty sure that I have somehow NOT installed gcc (or maybe just
cc1obj) correctly, but I don't know what I did wrong. Can you point me at a
site that will guide me through it? I know I have tried a couple of things,
but I am worried that I have started on one path and then switched when
things don't seem to be working.

Wait, I see the cc1obj.exe. It is not in the same directory you described,
but it is in c:/mingw/libexec/gcc/mingw32/3.4.5/cc1obj.exe.  Now what? Is
this a version problem? Do I need to set some sort of path to my cc1obj.exe?

I know something about Unix installations, and a fair amount about Macs, but
installing this sort of stuff on Windows is new to me.