help-gnustep

Newbie alert: Can't install Project Center

From: Sierra Bravo
Subject: Newbie alert: Can't install Project Center
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:06:41 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks in advance to everyone reading this...

I'm using Ubuntu Hardy on a Lenovo Thinkpad, and have installed all the
gnustep packages that I thought I'd wanted through Synaptic (ultimately, I
want to learn and program Objective C through its frameworks).

Everything installs fine. However, I'm unable to download and install
Project Centre (Project Manager IDE appears on the menus, and I'm able to
run it...but the Project Type window appears blank, and I'm unable to
proceed further).

I can compile the downloaded source of Project Center ('make' works fine)
but not install (make install), as it fails reporting:

GNUmakefile:5: /common.make: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:103: /aggregate.make: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:104: /application.make: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/application.make'.  Stop.

I'm sure I'm doing something dumb...TIA for any help

sb

Ps: Why Project Manager ID and Project Center? They sound very close...