help-gnustep

Re: Using clang with GNUStep on Ubuntu

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: Using clang with GNUStep on Ubuntu
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 11:51:06 -0600

Hey,

It's a bit tricky because it's not supported yet with released versions of
gnustep/llvm/clang.

Here's a rough guide:
- remove gnustep and llvm/clang if you have installed the packaged Ubuntu
version
- checkout from SVN, build and install gnustep make
- checkout from SVN, build and install libobjc2, (from the GNUstep svn tree at
dev-libs/libobcj2)
- checkout from SVN, build and install GNUstep base/gui/back,
- checkout from SVN, build and install llvm/clang

To compile a GNUstep program with clang, you can do:

make CC=clang OBJCFLAGS=-fobjc-non-fragile-abi

Hopefully this will be easier in the near future when we have releases of
everything that work in this configuration :-)

Eric