help-gnustep

Re: Debian ARM system-Can't find headers when compiling

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Debian ARM system-Can't find headers when compiling
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 16:25:41 +0200

My instructions were tested for x86 only, and unfortunately I don't have any means for testing on that platform.

Where are the headers installed?
Did you also try passing -I containing path to the folder containing Foundation/ folder?

If it works, add this to OBJCFLAGS in config.make.

Did you try installing GNUstep from source on the same machine using clang? I know that you may be reluctant to do this considering it's an ARM machine, but it may be the way to go and to ensure headers are installed. It takes about 6min on a relatively weak x86 VPS I control, so I suspect it shouldn't take more than an hour on your ARM. Alternatively, you can try cross compiling (although that doesn't appear to work out of the box, at least for me).