Compiling files which include xlib.h

From: Kenneth Drummond
Subject: Compiling files which include xlib.h
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 20:59:52 +0100

I have been learing to use X-Designer to produce an Xwindow GUI .

Using a simple 5 button form, I used Xdesigner to produce the C++ code.

the include files called for x11/xlib.h and x11/Xintrinsic.h

The environment was a Sun running Solaris with G++ version 2.95.2

I had to make some changes to the Makefile to call CC= g++

The error reported that the ANSI C++ compiler could not accept a function
with no type.

The functions were all declared in xlib.h and xintrinsic.h

the format of the functions are

extern function_name(
if NeedFunctionPrototype
void
);

I set the NeedFunctionPrototype=1 with the -D swith in the CCFLAGS part of
the makefile, this did not cause any change, there is a include file
functionproto.h called in xlib.h which is meant to sort this out but still
fails.

I wonder whether the extern needs replacing with extern int or extern void
as the functions have no return type.

Hope someone can help