Re[2]: Eliminate Function Call in Conditional Macro

From: Shigeru Mabuchi
Subject: Re[2]: Eliminate Function Call in Conditional Macro
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:48:45 +0900

Hi, Vijay. Thank you for your quick response.

Vijay Patil wrote in Re: Eliminate Function Call in Conditional Macro:

>hello, why don't you define your macro like this
>
> #ifdef _TRACE
> #define TRACE  Trace
> #else
> #define TRACE //comment
> #endif

 Yeah, good idea.
 However, looks like the codes are still there.

If you compile with -Wall, every line gives a
warning. Either

warning: statement with no effect

or

warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect

 I usually treat my codes succesfully compiled only when it gives
me no warining. :-)

 Any better idea?

S. Mabuchi
WING