Re: gprof

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: gprof
Date: 28 Apr 2004 07:35:28 -0700

"Jens Neubert" <jens.neubert@bln1.siemens.de> writes:

> I want to know, if it is possible to profile the Java-C Native Interface
> with this profiler and if this profiler can measure multithreaded
> application.

Last I looked at it (about 2 years ago), gprof did not work correctly
for dynamically loaded code (most JNI code is dynamically loaded),
nor for MT code.

You didn't specify your platform. Some of your other choices are:

  Quantify (from Rational, now part of IBM) on many platforms,
  pixie (on SGI),
  oprofile/cprof/sprof/tsprof (on Linux), see
    http://www.bitwagon.com/tsprof/tsprof.html for feature comparison.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.