question about STL include files

From: Matthew Polder
Subject: question about STL include files
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:02:46 -0400

Hi,

I'm using gcc 3.3 and 3.3.2 on Sun's OS 5.6 and 5.8. While perusing the
directory structure I noticed that there were two separate include
directories with Standard Template Library files:

/usr/local/include/c++/3.3.2/bits
/usr/local/include/g++

I'm fairly certain that the compiler is using the first directory but
I'm curious why both are there. I also think I found a bug which I will
be reporting. The definition of std::mem_fun1 is not found in the first
directory due to a typo:

template <class _Ret, class _Tp, class _Arg>
inline mem_fun1_t<_Ret, _Tp, _Arg> mem_fun(_Ret (_Tp::*__f)(_Arg))
{ return mem_fun1_t<_Ret,_Tp,_Arg>(__f); }

mem_fun should be mem_fun1. It is defined correctly in the second
directory.

thanks,
matthew
--

Please remove the word 'tuna' from my name and add a dot j dot ('.j.')
for my correct email address. If you are a spammer please add the word