Re: Switching off ansi C++?

From: Bernd Strieder
Subject: Re: Switching off ansi C++?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:31:31 +0200

Xin Wang wrote:

> I used an older version of g++ which is not C++
> based. Now I am having trouble compiling those
> files due to some problems with the definition of
> templates, iterators, and stuff. :-) Is it a way
> to switch off these ansi C++ based features?

In the case you have switched from g++-2.x to g++-3 there is a wealth of
changes starting with namespace support, and starting with g++-3.4 a
new parser correcting many problems. The changes are quite deeply, and
compatibility with old errors is not at first.

In the case you have been very sloppy earlier, there will be a lot to
change, mostly trivial changes. There are documents at
http://gcc.gnu.org describing what has to be changed. I have done this
for some template heavy code, compile once, scan the list of errors,
many small, and similar changes, and you are mostly done.

Bernd Strieder