c, c++, Objc

From: predrag . stankovic
Subject: c, c++, Objc
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 10:08:31 +0100

Dear all,

I want to use GCC for cross compiling C, C++ and Objective C code to m68k
target platforms. I use Cygwin on a Pentium 4/ Windows 2000 host machine.

I downloaded latest GCC (3.4.0), Binutils(2.15) and Newlib(1.12.0).
Following procedure (adopted to "m68k-coff") described in "Building GNU
Tools" taken from
http://billgatliff.com/articles/gnu/gnu-arm7t.html/x56.html i successfully
installed Binutils and Newlib but the final compilation of GCC did not pass
without errors. There were also some Warning reports during other
compilations.
I tried to compile GCC without "objc" switch added to "--enable-languages="
and it did not make any change in the final report:

"
Checking for extra compiler flags for building...
Configure: error: No support for this host/target combination
make: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1

"
Is it possible to achieve cross compilation for m68k (specifically m68040
and 68332) with GCC 3.4.0 and languages C, C++ and Objective-C?
If not, what is the latest version of GCC which provided such possibility?

I hope you can help.

Regards,

Pedja