Re: array boundaries

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: array boundaries
Date: 02 Dec 2004 07:12:48 -0800

Dieter Kraft <dkraft@acm.org> writes:

> Can I check the overwriting of array boundaries with gcc?

No. However, there exists a 'checker' patch:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/boundschecking/

> If no, what other compiler can do this.

http://valgrind.kde.org/

It isn't a compiler: it works with your existing unmodified Linux/x86
binary, and it can only detect overflows in dynamically-allocated
memory (not stack or globals), but at that it is excellent.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.