Re: g++ Bug? Why w/ and w/o "O3" options gives different result(g++3.3.3

From: Andre Poenitz
Subject: Re: g++ Bug? Why w/ and w/o "O3" options gives different result(g++3.3.3) for this program?
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:09:21 +0100

Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder why the first cout statement and the declaration of
> g_range_down as an array will affect the compile result.

Because in one case the compiler might decide not to create the array at
all but keep it's only used member in a register, whereas in the other
case it might decide to actually store it somewhere in a different
format.

This is not a bug, it simply the kind of environment you live in once
you use floating point arithmetic.

Andre'