ANSI C++ forbids declaration 'xxxxxx' with no type

From: Anon
Subject: ANSI C++ forbids declaration 'xxxxxx' with no type
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 11:44:46 -0000

Hi, I am getting the error in the subject line during compilation of some
code I have downloaded. I am getting it 122 times during the make. Before
undertaking the substantial task of modifying the code, I write to ask
whether there is a simple command line option or other approach to "turn it
off"/force it to compile. What I want in the first instance is to see
whether the source I have downloaded performs the calculations documented.
If it does, I will then spend the weeks bringing it up to the job.

I am using g++ on Solaris 9.

Thanks
Pete