Commercial support on GCC/G++ open source versions

From: Jesse
Subject: Commercial support on GCC/G++ open source versions
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:53:32 +0100

Hi all,

I am using a GNU official release of g++. A problem was identified, reported
and recognised as a regression in the GCC bug database.

Assuming this bug may be fixed by the community in a different version than
the one I'm using, and in a non predictable time frame, I would be
interested to have pointers to companies offering commercial support for
gcc/g++ GNU versions (not special 'corporate' versions), not necessarily the
latest one.

Indeed, we are using currently GNU gcc/g++ 3.3.2 (platform linux-x86), and
moving to the latest GCC snapshot could be an issue, as we depend on other
products which would then have to be validated on the new version... with
numerous other potential issues.

This kind of support model already exists for other open source software. I
hope this is the case for GCC/G++.

Best regards,

JC.