Re: Newbie question: The correct way to delete a pointer array to a poin

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: Newbie question: The correct way to delete a pointer array to a pointer array
Date: 25 Feb 2005 13:16:28 -0800

Thomas <tlann@technoeclectic.com> writes:

> What is the correct way for me to call delete?

    for (int x=0; x < m_iWidth; x++)
        delete [] m_pcPuzzle[x];
    delete [] m_pcPuzzle;

> Am I allocating the memory correctly?

Yes, assuming you want to use x[i][j] syntax to access it.

However, since you are coding in C++ there are more efficient (and
less error-prone) ways to implement this, while still preserving the
"double index" syntax.

Think "class Puzzle { char *operator[](int); ...};"

Oh, and I drop that horrible Hungarian naming convention, would
you ...

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.