Re: g++ on HPUX

From: nospam
Subject: Re: g++ on HPUX
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:33:43 GMT

In article <m3mzpxbf36.fsf@redrat.quark.de>,
gelbeiche  <borstel@fliegenpilz.de> wrote:

>gcc was built with "--disable-shared" so the linker does not try link against
>the shared libraries.

I don't think this is true.  --disable-shared means that you won't
create any shared libraries when building GCC, but I think it will still
use them if they exist.  When you do the link the linker is going to use
its default behavour, which on HP-UX is to look for shared libraries
first.

Try adding -static to your link line.  The linker may be finding
an old shared libstdc++ from an earlier GCC build/installation.

Steve Ellcey
sje <AT> cup . hp . com