-fshort-wchar in g++ (wstring & wchar_t)

From: Vinu
Subject: -fshort-wchar in g++ (wstring & wchar_t)
Date: 4 Aug 2005 04:50:50 -0700

Hi
        I have one problem. I compiled my program with -fshort-wchar option
using g++. In my program I am using wstring also. In some places I
converted the wchar_t variable to wstring .

wstring str;
const wchar_t* Root=L"One";
const wchar_t* Node=L"Point No";

if (Root){
                str.append(1, '.') += Root;
        }
 str.append(Node);

at the end of the function I want a string in str like "Point No .
One".

But in my case the str contains a string like "Point No  \0 . One".
Anyone one can suggest a way to do it .What is the problem...? I am
using Solaris SPARC & g++ 3.4.2.

Thanks & Regards
--Vinu