Re: g++ 4: Unrecognised Friendship

From: red floyd
Subject: Re: g++ 4: Unrecognised Friendship
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 15:56:56 GMT

JH Trauntvein wrote:
red floyd wrote:
[redacted

It seems to me that the key here is in the phrase, "first declares a
class or function".  The sample code that I provided had a forward
declaration of the class in the appropriate namespace that the
friendship declaration should have used.

Yes, but the friend declaration was the first declaration of n1_base in the n1::n1_helpers namespace. Thus 7.3.1.2/3 applies.