Re: C++ precompiled header

From: Greg
Subject: Re: C++ precompiled header
Date: 26 Aug 2005 14:19:50 -0700

Thanks.  That verified that the pch.h.gch file was not being picked up
if it was placed in the directory where the objects were created.
What I found out though is that the .h.gch file has to be in the same
directory where the source pch.h is located.  In that case, IF the
source file including pch.h DOESN'T include any header file already in
the pch.h THEN the .h.gch file is picked up! So at least it is a
partial success.  I am still experimenting with when the .h.gch file is
not picked up.  But it appears that the safest thing is to make sure
that the pch.h is included at the top of the source file.