Re: multiple libstdc++

From: Bernd Strieder
Subject: Re: multiple libstdc++
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:47:05 +0200

Hello,

Wojtek Michalik wrote:

> I have multiple vessions of libstdc++ installed 3.3 and 3.4
> My programs using this librarry are linked against the first one by
> default. I want to change this behavior.

It does not make sense to try that. libstdc++ of g++-3.3 and g++-3.4 are
binary incompatible, version 5.x.y vs 6.x.y. All code being linked must
either be compiled only with g++-3.3, or only with g++-3.4. The dynamic
linker will find the right version, if you set where to look for.
Recompile all your code and all libraries they are using, and the
libstdc++ version used  will be changed.

What you can influence is where the compiler looks for libraries when
linking by setting flags, and where the dynamic linker resolves dynamic
libraries from when executing by configuring LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
ld.so.conf.

Bernd Strieder