undefined reference to '__cxa_pure_virtual' while using -nodefaultlibs

From: Hansen
Subject: undefined reference to '__cxa_pure_virtual' while using -nodefaultlibs
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:20:05 +0200

Hi

I'm compiling a C++ program to an ARM7 where I've used pure virtual
functions. But when I link, I get the undefined reference to
'__cxa_pure_virtual'. As far as I've understod, this happens when using g++
for compiling and gcc for linking, but I'm using g++ in both cases.
It seems as if I can remove the problem if I remove the
option -nodefaultlibs from my linker options, but I doesn't want to do that,
due to size constraints. Is there anyhow I can keep the -nodefaultlibs and
get rid of the undefined reference to '__cxa_pure_virtual' ?

Best Regards
Søren