Re: help - SEGV_MAPERR

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: help - SEGV_MAPERR
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:31:54 -0800

santhi.guntupalli@gmail.com writes:

> Finally after a long struggle to fix this problem, i have figured out a
> work around..

Good for you.
Of course, there is no telling what *else* may be broken.

> How does it make the difference when instantiate a template class as
> local variable instead of as member variable of that class.

Well, the compiler obviously emits different code.
Whatever the bug was, it is not tickled by your workaround.

> Now i am facing new problem. Our application is quite huge.
> we use 3rd party SDK which is interfaced with our applciation.
> it is link with this 3rd party library with one my execuatables.
> During run time this executable i am getting unsatisfied symbol as
>
> ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "__cxa_personality_routine".....  from
> this library.

That's somewhat strange -- usually unsatisfied symbols like this
are fatal and cause immediate abort.

> when browse for this symbol i came to know that it is because of mix of
> libraries of  which were built using gcc/g++ and aCC. The 3rd party
> library was built using aCC ( we cant do anything with this.)

C++ code compiled by different compilers is *not* link compatible.

You shouldn't expect the app to link at all. But perhaps you are
doing a dlopen() on the 3rd party library? In that case, it will
merely "not work".

> My application is quite huge and build already completed using g++ and
> i cant rebuild using aCC and i am already in testing phase. Is there
> any work around to fix this problem...

No. You should have checked what your dependencies are *before*
you started building your app.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.