Re: backtrace and demangling symbols at runtime

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: backtrace and demangling symbols at runtime
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 06:44:51 -0700

"Mehturt@gmail.com" <Mehturt@gmail.com> writes:

>> Try using gdb instead.
>
> I do, I just need to know the backtrace at runtime.

I know what you need.
What does the gdb backtrace look like?

If (unlikely) it looks the same as what you got from
backtrace_symbols(), then you have some kind of setup problem
(striped glibc, code compiled with -fomit-frame-pointer, etc.)

If gdb gives you a good backtrace, you may have a bug in the way
you use backtrace_symbols().

With the info you provided so far, it's hard to tell what your
problem is, or to help you.

You may also wish to post system specifics (glibc and gcc versions)
and a minimal example.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.