Debugging to find Segmentation Fault

From: Cleverbum
Subject: Debugging to find Segmentation Fault
Date: 16 May 2006 07:16:33 -0700

>> referred by comp.lan.c++

Hi,
 I'm a complete beginner, having written my second program and finally
got it to compile, I've got an error I can't track down occurring at
runtime - basically whatever I do it says Segmentation Fault.
 I was wondering if there was any way I could get a slightly more
verbose description of the error so that I could think about sorting it
out.

 Someone mentioned to me that the g++ option -DRANGE_CHECKING would
check if i was accessing uninitialised arrays or something at compile
time, but that hasn't helped, Thanks in advance, I'm really at my wits
end!