streampos is not a long?

From: Spectre
Subject: streampos is not a long?
Date: 22 Jun 2006 06:10:12 -0700

Greetings!

I'm moving a Sun Forte C/C++ application to GNU GCC 3.4.1. This
application declares "streampos pos; ... pos++;" The error with GCC is
"no 'operator++(int)' declared for postfix '++'" and when I dig
streampos is some kind of class, not a long integer, which stops me
cold! If there is any way around this, or if you have any ideas, or if
I'm missing something simple.... such as "no way can you move Sun C/C++
code to GNU, man!"

Anyway, I would appreciate in advance any help with this.

Spectre