Re: Hash Confusion

From: Bernd Strieder
Subject: Re: Hash Confusion
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 11:59:39 +0200

Paulo Matos wrote:

> I'm somewhat confused. What's the difference in g++4.1.1 between
> ext/hash_map, ext/hashtable and tr1/hashtable?

See my other posting in the old thread.

ext/hash... are based on the SGI hash extensions. The files in tr1 are
completely independent.

> Moreover, when I try ext/hash_map, the second third template argument
> is hash<T> type, where is this defined? In which namespace?

See ext/hash_fun.h

> Are there any documents where can I find info on these? It seems the
> g++ manual doesn't have a description for these.

libstdc++ has a fine doxygen manual which has a large TODO list...

Some things are here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/faq/index.html#5_4

See also FAQ 5.5

Bernd Strieder