Re: is <iostream.h> obsolete?

From: Ulrich Eckhardt
Subject: Re: is <iostream.h> obsolete?
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:51:26 +0200

xcrazy wrote:
> Hi, i'm new to the gnu c++ compiler, all these days i used turbo :{
> my question is when i try to compile my older c++ programs, it shows
> that iostream.h header is obsolete,

Yes, and that has been the case for almost ten years.

> but what header should i use instead of iostream??

Hmm, my advise would be to update your C++ knowledge a bit. Starting point
should be the book reviews at accu.org, where you should pick a good book.
Any moderately good book explains the standardised C++ headers and do so
much better than it would be possible to do in a newsgroup.

Uli

--
http://gcc.gnu.org/faq.html
http://parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/