Operationally well-tried

From: Ulrich Elsner
Subject: Operationally well-tried
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:21:16 +0200

Hi,

my google foo has been weak today, so I'll try this newsgroup.
For a formal review I have to show that the compiler (g++, exact
version yet to be determined) I plan to use is "operationally
well-tried".

I thus need some well documented examples where g++ has been used for
"an adequate time period" in "significant" software projects. It would
be nice if some of these examples touch safety relevant areas,i.e., an
air traffic control system or machine control software is more helpful
than, say, a videogame.

Now, my first idea, all those widely used open source progams turn out
not to work very well as an argument since they have no strong link to
a specific compiler versions.

Any ideas, hints or links?

Regards,

Ulrich