Re: Q2: templates and throw specification

From: Pedro Lamarão
Subject: Re: Q2: templates and throw specification
Date: 2 May 2007 08:11:01 -0700

On 28 abr, 01:46, Michael Kilburn <crusader.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 25, 12:20 pm, Michael Kilburn <crusader.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
>
> > I am looking for description of G++'s behavior related to usage of
> > throw specifications with template functions. Settings:
> > - Linux on x86
> > - G++ v4.0.3, ld v2.15
> > [ skip... ]
>
> Can anybody suggest me a place where I have a chance getting answers
> to these questions?
>
> Bye.
> Sincerely yours, Michael.

Your questions are very difficult to answer and will potentially have
different answers for different compiler minor and major versions.

AFAIK, no version of g++ has static detection of "no throw" function
bodies and will always enforce a throw specification with the
corresponding try-catch block.

--
 Pedro Lamarão