Profiling with gprof DLLs windows/mingw

From: tommy
Subject: Profiling with gprof DLLs windows/mingw
Date: 7 May 2007 10:24:52 -0700

I need help profiling a library file with gprof on windows xp with
mingw.

I am able to get correct output(where the times are shown) with a
simple looping program. When I call an external function from a DLL,
the time reported is shown as 0.0 secs.

I compiled the DLL with the g++ -pg

If I add the parameter -pg to dllwrap.exe, a larger gmon.out file is
created but when I run gprof after executing the program, it displays
no function names at all.

dllwrap.exe --output-def  --implib  --export-all --driver-name=g++ -o -
pg /c/ossimcvs/bin/libossimopencv_plugin.dll *.o -L/c/ossimcvs/ossim/
lib/ossim -lossim           -L/c/ossimcvs/libgeotiff-1.2.3/lib -L/c/
ossimcvs/tiff-3.8.2/lib

Any ideas on how to profile a dll?