"-Winline" and "-fno-inline" conflict with each other

From: jon wayne
Subject: "-Winline" and "-fno-inline" conflict with each other
Date: 28 May 2007 21:57:53 -0700

Hi

There's a member function which am trying to inline - but i'm getting
conflicting results
Say, I have:

Class X
{
   public :
              inline void someFunc();

};
void X::someFunc()
{
}
When I x with -Wiinline, I get no warnings - so I assumed that
function has been inlined; but when I compile it with both -Winline
and fno-line - i still don't get to see any warnings ! Isn't that
incorrect???

I mean if the code is getting inlined in the first place than the fno-
inline will not inline and seeing this -Winline should howl, but it
just keeps mum - which means the code never got inlined in the first
place?

Can someone explain why there's such a contradiction?

Regards
Jon