Static Memory Area for Garbage Collection

From: R Karthick
Subject: Static Memory Area for Garbage Collection
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:17:16 -0700

I am in the process of designing a conservative garbage collector fo C
++.

As one of the requirement of conservative garbage collection, I will
have to scan through the static memory area and look for probable
pointers into the heap.

I am stuck in the implementation part, where I am not very sure on
which physical address the static elements are stored for X86
machines. Is the address of the static area stored in some processor
register? If yes how can I access it in a C++ program?

Thanks!