Question about GDB/DDD

From: Neo
Subject: Question about GDB/DDD
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:58:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am trying to debug a piece of code which is giving the error as
'illegal instruction' when executed. But I am having trouble while
using GDB or DD because of this error-
file: No such file or directory"
I have the path to the above shared lib in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH but gdb/
dd doesn't seem to get it, what could be the reason?
Can't this library be linked statically because I think it is only the
std io and string libs in my code which needs it.

Thanks,
Neo