gedit question (Gnome edit)

From: emp1953
Subject: gedit question (Gnome edit)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 07:55:01 -0700 (PDT)

I am running Linux on a Dell Edge.
I am writing c++ code
Using the SEARCH function in gedit I am seeing an anomaly.
I have text like "_variable.zip"   (the quotes are just for clarity
here they are not part of my search)
It is in at least 50 places.  gedit Find does not find any of them.
If I search for "variable" it only finds instances in the code
comments, not in the code itself.

Is this a problem that others have seen?  If so is there a fix?  This
is annoying, gedit is a really nice editor but without find working
correctly gedit becomes less "usable".....