libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found

From: mathieu
Subject: libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 10:59:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

  I am looking for documentation which would explain how to use older
glibc symbol. Right now, when I compile binaries on my linux debian
system (using g++ 4.2) people running the exe on there older linux
system are getting:

  libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found

  This look like an extremly simple problem, but I cannot find
anything on google, as I am missing the 'right' keyword to search for

Thanks !
-Mathieu
Ps: most post I found on internet are pretty much saying: 'use a newer
glibc', while I am looking for the opposite :)